Minnetonka, MN Posted: 2/20/2019
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing overall manufacturing engineer guidance throughout the entire product development process from cradle to grave. This includes front end support during product development by working closely with Engineers and designers to develop processes, procedures and instructions for the assembly, test, packaging and labeling of products. The Manufacturing Engineer will also troubleshoot production issues and manufacturing processes while improving the overall efficiency of the manufacturing operation related to human work factors, quality control, material flow, etc. by identifying areas for improvement through the use of lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility is to support and trouble shoot manufacturing processes and monitor performance metrics
- Work closely with production staff, quality, materials management/procurement, and R&D.
- Provide production department with effective technical support to meet quality and quantity objectives.
- Develop assembly and work instructions as well as documentation of processes including production travelers
- Responsible for maintaining medical device industry standards
- Performs risk assessment of processes and procedures
- Train technicians on new processes and procedures as needed
- Applies QMS standards to production processes
- Coordinates and conducts Kaizen events for targeted areas of improvement.
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing and quality control as necessary.
- Generate a comprehensive protocol for process validations.
- Works in a team environment with all levels of the organization.
- Assists in the identification, evaluation and implementation of new suppliers into the system.
- Occasional travel to customers or suppliers as required (less than 10%)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering OR Associate Degree in Engineering with combination of experience.
- 2-4 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in medical device industry
- Lean Manufacturing/Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Basic understanding of strength of materials, electro/mechanical designs, plastic injection molding and plastic/metallic part assembly, product handling, part transfer and fixturing, process tooling, pneumatics, and machine control systems.
- Basic understanding of process validation.
- Basic knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques in manufacturing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel and statistical data collection.
- MS Project is helpful
- Experience or training using Visio is alo helpful
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here