The Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing substation engineering and project management services on various substation projects (from 34.5kV up to 765 kV voltage level) for local and domestic clients. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering design oversight and project management of multiple complex utility projects.
Responsibilities include the preparation of electrical protection and control and substation physical layout design; ownership of the project scope, schedule & budget; and interface and coordination of other disciplines including communications, civil & structural, transmission line, project/program management, permitting, and contractor coordination & construction support as needed to successfully execute and develop deliverables for high and extra high voltage substations (HV and EHV).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare new and modify existing relay drawings including relay panel arrangements, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring.
- Design substations utilizing client standards including bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and details, grounding, ground grid, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, and cable lists.
- Prepare calculations and equipment specifications.
- Execute complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Minimum Academic & Professional Requirements: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Licensed Professional Engineer (NY, CT, MA, ME, MN)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in UTILITY projects.
- Advanced knowledge of power systems protection, high voltage engineering, underground systems, transmission and distribution systems, grounding, lightning shielding is preferred.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards.
- Proficiency in AutoCad is preferred.
- Experience with clients along with business development skills.
- Flexible and dynamic team player capable of integrating into an international team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with very good organizational and project documentation habits.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well in a collaborative environment and demonstrate effective team building skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus