The Project Manager will be responsible for projects throughout all phases of the project cycle from contract award to the handover of plant to the client. These projects may vary in complexity, time and economic size, but in any case it will be the duty of the project manager to deliver the project according to the budget, schedule, scope and specifications together with meeting customer satisfaction. As the leader of the project execution team, the project manager will require strong communication and people management skills to allow for success of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a main point of contact for the customer and potentially many stakeholders; to coordinate, review, organize and communicate with. This can include but not limited to; correspondence (written and verbal), meetings, submittals and training.
- Works with Product Technology Centers and Application Centers (mainly in Europe) to deliver process solutions for North American clients.
- Coordinates and manages project support disciplines within the project life cycle (Process and Project Engineering, Purchasing, Design, I&C, Structural, Field Install Supervision, etc.)
- Coordinates approval and submittal of project documents (P&IDs, drawings, project documentation, etc) for submittal to the customer.
- Is responsible for Project Controlling according to company guidelines with a focus on Revenue and Margin, this includes the approval of the as-sold budget, development and approval of any change orders, reporting of key figures and ensures timely invoicing and payments.
- Consults with other in-house engineers, Product Technology Centers, Supply Chain, vendors, or other individuals to determine specifications, resolve issues and coordinates delivery times to coincide with the required project schedule.
- Updates and maintains the Project database for assigned projects including filing and updating of correspondence, technical specifications, project management documents, and drawings.
- Maintains and updates risk analysis on a regular basis, also keeps management informed of any major changes/updates.
- Develops and leads project closeout meetings to transfer knowledge of “lessons learnt” to all members of the project management and applications sales support teams.
- Reviews contract documents and specifications to make sure they all conform to all stakeholders understanding of scope and works to bridge any gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering with minimum three years engineering experience is required
- The ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings is required
- Must be willing and able to travel (approximately 20 - 25 % of the time).
- Understanding of process technology, preferably in hygienic food processing.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess good English language communication, verbal and written
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently
- Must be self-motivated and able to function with minimum supervision
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.