Minneapolis, MN Posted: 11/20/2020
NDT Field Technician
Direct hire opportunity to join an employee-owned international engineering, architectural and consulting firm. Excellent pay and benefits. Professional development with tuition reimbursement opportunities offered.
- Work on daily basis as liaison between our engineering staff, client and client representatives.
- Work with engineers to understand project requirements and scope of field activities.
- Review and understand engineering drawings and written specifications or proposal within area of expertise.
- Perform visual inspections and apply recognized Non-Destructive Testing procedures and techniques such as UT, MT, PT and LT to document existing condition of equipment and collect specialized data.
- Monitor the quality effort to ensure that the appropriate data and information is being collected to support the assessment.
- Ability to clearly document results of observations and conclusions in written and graphic format and assist with evaluations and recommendations for final report.
NDT Field Technician
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, technical school or college credits preferred.
- Must have minimum 2 years of experience in industrial construction or fabrication sector.
- 80% travel required in the Midwest
- One or more certifications from ASNT, AWS CWI, API 653, 510, and/or 570 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of welding and non-destructive testing methods.
- Experience with field construction and/or fabrication.
- Knowledge and familiarity in using relevant codes and standards, such as ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes, API 650, API 653, API 510 would be preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here