Fridley, MN Posted: 11/4/2020
Konik PrimeStaff is partnered with a medical component OEM company in need of two Quality Engineers to support manufacturing.
There are two different groups in need of a Quality Engineer and each group has a unique culture, so if you are a people person who likes to get to know your co-workers and talk about common interests, there is a group here for you. Likewise, if you are a get to work, do the work with some small talk, and go home kind of person, there is also a group here for you!
In each of the groups, the Quality Engineers have a wide variety of responsibilities and each day is different from working out on the floor with the quality inspectors to talking with a cell leader running the machining cell to working at the computer on gage R&Rs and corrective actions. In your role, you work to improve quality processes, and help solve quality issues such as those related to methods of measurement.
- Quality engineering support for manufacturing and project management. Develop inspection requirements; facilitate PFMEAs; resolve discrepant material issues and create and maintain quality document such as control plans and inspection plans
- Analyze data and identify improvement opportunities.
- Act as the quality interface for a production team in responding to customer complaints using failure analysis, development of corrective and preventative actions and trend analysis.
- Conduct audits, and write audit reports,
- Create and follow up on corrective and preventative actions.
- Project work.
- Support validation activities for processes, equipment and metrology.
- Support Quality Inspectors
- Monitor the use of employee safety and OE programs
- Work with the other areas of the company from sales/marketing, customer service, and engineering, to finance
- Ensure business systems are implemented, maintained, and functioning properly
- Participate in required company meetings
- Support and comply with the company"s Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical, Industrial, or other Engineering or Physical science
- 1 - 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements, and industry standards
- Blueprint reading and GD&T experience
- Operation of inspection equipment
- Statistical expertise with DOE and Capability Studies
- Experience working with an ERP software
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here