Electrical Engineer, Commercial Building Systems
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 10/22/2020
Konik PrimeStaff is partnered with a Twin Cities area A&E firm that currently has a 100% remote Electrical Engineering opportunity.
This position is open to Twin Cities and western Wisconsin candidates who will be available to drive to the local office for eventual in-person meetings.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for electrical planning, designing, engineering and construction document production and project estimates.
- Energy analysis
- Lighting analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Electrical systems design
- Existing system condition assessment
- Emergency/standby generation design
- Apply knowledge and experience with building codes, regulations and requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures to all projects. Ability to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects from beginning to end.
- Work well in a team/collaborative setting, make sound decisions and drive action cross functionally.
- Comfortable making independent decisions with general guidelines.
- Able to work with modest supervision and guidance
- Possess a professional demeanor while interacting with clients, partners and team members.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills; skilled with making presentations to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- 4+ years’ experience in commercial facility design
- A professional license is preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and specialized electrical engineering software (e.g., Easy Power)
- Experience in power distribution, lighting design, communication systems and data centers, lighting photometric calculations, existing building assessments/reports
Already have an account? Log in here