Mechanical Engineer, HVAC
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 11/16/2020
Konik PrimeStaff is partnered with a Twin Cities area A&E firm that has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer. For now this is a 100% remote opportunity for Twin Cities and western Wisconsin candidates who will be available to drive to the local office for eventual in-person meetings.
You are responsible for HVAC planning, designing, engineering and project estimates. You are directly involved in maintaining and growing client relationships as a mechanical engineering expert. You will be involved in energy analysis, sustainable design pertaining to Plumbing and HVAC systems, existing system condition assessment, and construction administration activities.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects start to finish
- Communicate project objectives, problems, solutions, and scope changes
- Work closely with all project shareholders to achieve deadlines
- Apply knowledge and experience with building codes, regulations, and requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures for all projects ? ability to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Stay current on trends and technological advances.
- Coach/mentor junior staff
- Give work direction to drafters
- Bachelor"s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 4+ years HVAC Engineering experience
- Professional Engineer preferred ? Mechanical license and the ability to procure registration in multiple U.S. states
- Experience with ventilation calculations, building heating and cooling load calculations, airside, hydronic, and steam HVAC systems design and their associated controls schemes
- Experience with commercial building sanitary and storm drainage systems and calculations, domestic water supply systems and calculations
- Able to organize and prioritize personal workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Able to work well in a team/collaborative setting, make sound decisions and drive action cross-functionally
- Comfortable making independent decisions with general guidelines; able to work with modest supervision and guidance
- Possess a professional demeanor while interacting with project shareholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced making presentations to clients
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specialized Plumbing and HVAC engineering software (e.g., Trace 700); Revit experience is preferred.
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here