Executive( SVP, VP, Dept Head)
Electrical Engineering Manager, Building Systems
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 10/22/2020
Executive( SVP, VP, Dept Head)
$ 100000.00 - $ 110000.00
Electrical Engineering Manager - Building Systems
$100,000 - $110,000
Konik Primestaff is partnered with a facilities engineering firm that has a unique opportunity to hire an Electrical Engineering Manager to start an electrical department. This is a great growth opportunity for someone ready to take the next step in their career from senior engineer or project manager to management. In this role, the manager will build his/her team from scratch, lead projects, help define specifications (using master spec), oversee current consulting partners, and oversee QA in-house. This is a player/coach role best for someone who still wants to design, select equipment, and to be a part of delivering quality documents.
The company culture is entrepreneurial, family oriented, and energetic. Regular company functions and yearly guest speakers help to foster the culture and maintain motivation. The company has excellent benefits including medical with HSA, dental, vision, and life insurance, a FSA, as well as a 401K and profit sharing. This is a salary plus bonus role.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Meet with clients to gain information and/or present projects
- Identify facility electrical needs and update the client, management and team on project scope and schedule
- Guide your electrical team to come up with optimized electrical designs
- Maintain a continued and open dialogue with your client
- Sign-off on electrical drawings
- Coach and support your staff
- Travel to sites as needed with an occasional overnight stay needed. Overall travel is estimated at 20%
You bring to the table:
- B.S.E.E. degree
- P.E. required
- Demonstrable proficiency designing electrical building systems for building types that could include commercial, medical or educational
- Able to consistently produce accurate, high quality deliverables on time
- Ability to drive projects forward
- Demonstrated people leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and ability to evaluate ROI
- Understanding of facility components such as electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electrical systems and design
- Ability to operate effectively at both strategic and tactical levels
- Strong computer skills with competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Able to understand utility analysis and energy savings calculations
- Ability to travel up to 20% (usually one overnight per trip)
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here