Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Saint Cloud, MN Posted: 10/20/2020
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
St. Cloud, MN | Direct Hire
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with an industry-leading manufacturer in the St. Cloud area that is seeking to add a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to their team. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to take an established company from good to great, utilizing your expertise in manufacturing engineer, electromechanical assembly, and LEAN practices to improve company practices. If you have a strong manufacturing background and have been looking for an opportunity to leverage that experience in a setting where you can have the influence to make a real, lasting impact, you are encouraged to apply.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Establish and represent the Manufacturing Engineering and Quality functions within the company
- Develop, implement and optimize production assembly and test processes.
- Interface with Product Engineering personnel on new and existing product designs to assure products can be consistently produced to specification.
- Participate in the New Product Development process to ensure new product manufacturability is consistent with production capabilities/processes and cost objectives.
- Identify and/or design, install and qualify new equipment/technologies, tooling and fixtures in order to improve and expand production capabilities (including vertical integration). Trouble-shoot and correct production equipment and process issues. Pursue automation opportunities.
- Assure safety and ergonomics needs are met related to work processes and equipment/tooling.
- Provide input on production area layouts to maximize work efficiency and optimize flow of materials. Incorporate 6 Sigma / Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Assure accurate and complete production assembly and test documentation (ex. operating procedures, work instructions, etc.)
- Provide technical leadership and training to production assembly personnel.
- Define and maintain production labor standards.
- Lead the establishment of work centers and routings, including utilization within the company ERP system.
- Identify and take actions to eliminate waste and drive down production costs.
- Understand and help assure manufacturing compliance to all applicable customer and regulatory requirements.
- Become the point person for quality & manage the Warranty Return function, providing support and becoming involved with supplier and customer interactions as needed.
- Provide support related to the identification, implementation and maintenance of controls within the company to assure high quality products.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor"s degree in engineering. Manufacturing or Mechanical engingeering is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in industrial manufacturing and electro-mechanical assembly with a track record of meaningful contributions and success.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing, tooling/fixturing, automation, quality, CAD software (Solidworks) and ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred).
- Experience in the following areas and use of related tools/software is beneficial - DFM/DFMA, Six Sigma/Lean, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills - analytical and problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, initiative, problem solver, collaborator, change agent.
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here