Minneapolis, MN Posted: 10/16/2020
Immediate openings for CNC and Manual Machinists
Starting wage $19-$22/hr
1st Shift – Manual Machinist – hours are 6:00 am to 2:30 am Monday-Friday
2nd Shift - CNC Machinist – hours are 2:25 pm to 10:55 pm Monday-Friday (Shift Premium $1/hr)
3rd Shift - CNC Machinist – hours are 7:45 pm to 6:15 am Monday night to Friday morning (Shift Premium $3.00/hr)
- Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
- Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
- Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
- Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
- Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
- Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
- Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate with other shifts
- Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
- Report job progress using current scheduling system
- Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
- Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
Experience with the following type of equipment would be a plus, but not a requirement of the position:
- Twin spindle twin turret, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, TT1800 lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, Puma 2000Y lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Mazak Lathe
- Mazak Vertical Mill
- Mazak Horizontal Mill
- Haas Vertical Mill
- Bridgeport and Hardinge for Manual Machining operations
- Swiss Turning
- Cylindrical Grinding
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here