Senior Structural Engineer
Plymouth, MN Posted: 9/16/2020
Senior Structural Engineer
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a leading Consulting Engineering firm in the Twin Cities seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for commercial building projects. As a Senior Structural Engineer you will take the discipline lead on a projects while overseeing a team in the preparation of commercial building design documents for structural systems, including calculations, drawings, and technical specifications while meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Client communication and Structural Lead on projects
- Prepare, review project proposals
- Preparation of high-quality construction documentation including calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Oversee and provide direction to engineers and technical staff
- Prepare, review, and execute proposals
- Schedule and track project workflow
- Maintain project scope, schedules and manage budgets
- Prepare and edit specifications and drawings for projects
- Communicate with clients/contractors regarding RFIs and field questions, as requested.
- Coordination with mechanical, electrical, and architectural disciplines
- Perform site visits during design phase and construction phase site observations; production of site observation reports as required
- Manage project closeout
- Supervise, mentor and train engineers and technical staff
- Participate in marketing efforts in key market sectors
- Potential 25% travel to construction job site
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Emphasis)
- P.E. registration; LEED Acceditation preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Structural Engineering for commercial building projects
- Previous experience mentoring and / or supervising staff is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and building code knowledge
- Adept at engineering software
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here