Environmental / Geotechnical
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 9/9/2020
Environmental / Geotechnical
Sales Engineer | Minneapolis
$35/hr - $45/hr D.O.Q.
This is a great opportunity for the engineer who likes to interact with clients, sales and the engineering team who always wanted to get into sales but has not had the opportunity! Perhaps you've been in a support role or customer service. In this role, you will be the technical go-to-engineer for the clients who want custom applications for their equipment. You will work to help test designs and debug equipment.
A typical day in the role during non-Covid times includes phone and email communication with clients to solicit business from warm leads and, on average, one week a month of travel. This is the average, so there are shorter trips for client day trips and trade shows, and possibly longer duration stays involved for OUS trips.
You will also be working with your sales team and fellow engineers who will take your conceptual designs, after the client has approved your quote, to complete the system or part design.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work to promote customer satisfaction with the activities of the company.
- Help implement sales strategies, product development, sales and gross margin goals that meet company objectives for sales volume and profit.
- Serve as the voice of the customer regarding delivery, forecasting and market analysis for customers in area of responsibility.
- Support the activities of sales representatives and/or distributors (may include goal setting, travel support).
- Help develop and implement marketing plans.
- Follow up on projects with customers
- Work with purchasing, assembly and engineering to maintain schedule, cost, and cost reduction objectives.
- Perform service or support of machinery at customer locations
- Support customer relations and customer satisfaction for area of responsibility.
- Prepars reports as required
- Computer operation (CRM, ERP, MRP and Microsoft software)
- A.A.S. or B.S degree in mechanical engineering and 3-5 years experience in a client facing role such as sales, customer service, or applicaitons engineering.
- Proficiency using SolidWorks or another 3D solid modeling package
- Valid Driver's license and clean driving history
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here