Director of Facilities
Taylors Falls, MN Posted: 8/25/2020
Director of Facilities - Medical
Taylors Falls, MN | Direct Hire
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a growing regional medical center that is currently seeking a Director of Facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for an established individual with a strong background in healthcare facilities and project management to join a growing organization in a leadership role.
Director of Facilities Responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategy for plant operations, equipment needs, and building maintenance including driving leadership teams supporting building maintenance and environmental service functions across multiple sites
- Responsible for Facility Master Plan and hold accountability for all construction and development of facilities, ensuring that facility projects remain within budget, on-schedule, and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Monitor and ensure the timely completion of work orders and preventative maintenance for designated plant operations, including establishing standards and implementing and overseeing policies
- Direct environmental services staff in establishing work schedules and priorities to ensure highest standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained in accordance with infection control policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current and changing regulatory compliance standards and industry best practices
- Serve as Safety Officer and provide consultative services to departments within the organization regarding regulatory requirements
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate professional standards and performance of staff, working with other leaders to establish consistent philosophies, purposes, processes, protocols, and outcomes
- Ensure staff receive proper training
- Determine financial resources necessary to achieve strategic performance objectives
- Oversee the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity, and productivity information including variance reports, financial projections, and other statistical data-informed reports related to facilities, maintenance, and environmental services programs
Director of Facilities Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Healthcare Administration, Construction Management, or related required; Masters is preferred
- ASHE Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE) or Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM); IBCSM Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in a healthcare facility setting
- 3+ years of safety management, risk management, facilities management, quality improvement, or infection control in a healthcare environment
- Extensive knowledge of various facilities systems and principles such as electricity, electronics, plumbing, carpentry, boiler operation, HVAC, and general building maintenance
- Knowledge of infection prevention, cleaning, sterilization, waste management, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience managing others
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here