Drafter / Designer
St Paul, MN Posted: 7/28/2020
Drafter / Designer
Contract to Hire| Saint Paul, MN
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a growing and innovative client located in Saint Paul that is seeking to add a drafterto their team. In this role you will create a variety of drawings for packaging, installations, prototypes, and similar work supporting a diverse set of business units. Our client is a leader in their industry with a host of capabilities and locations across the country. As a privately-owned business that is over 50 years old, they offer great long-term opportunity in addition to a fun, fast pace environment where you are able to contribute to high visibility projects.
- Use drafting and design tools to detail and design packaging, large and small installations, prototypes, and similar projects.
- Process engineering change requests (ECR) as required.
- Verify dimensional integrity of part details, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to the whole structure or project.
- Draw finished designs from sketches, assemblies and detail drawings for special sales orders or changes to standard products.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to resolve drafting related issues.
- Participate in new product development projects.
- Associates or Certificate in Mechanical or Architectural drafting or similar is required
- 1+ year of related experience; proficiency in CAD tools such as AutoCAD, ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, or comparable programs
- Background in graphics, packaging, mechanical, or architecture
- Ideal candidate will have a mix of experience with packaging and prototype/installation/displays
- Self-starter looking to learn and grow with a company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here