Minneapolis, MN Posted: 8/8/2019
We are seeking a Civil Engineer to perform activities related to the design of storm water management systems, earthwork, piped utilities and other site infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare design documents for civil systems (land development, drainage, water and sanitary sewer design), including calculations, drawings and civil specifications
- Review preliminary and final plans and specifications for constructability and risk management
- Work with and mentor engineers-in-training assigned to projects
- Coordinate technical activities and designs with personnel in other disciplines and departments; serve as a liaison between senior engineer and design team
- Assist the senior project civil engineer in preparing the conceptual, preliminary and final design and attends meetings with client to coordinate various design activities and be responsible for providing material lists for quotations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 1-10 years of experience in discipline within the A/E industry
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with department personnel and office staff; must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Civil 3D and HydroCAD
- Extensive experience in storm water management design and permitting preferred
- Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
- Must have interest in land development and site design
- Experience in or willingness to research storm water and erosion control requirements in out of state jurisdictions
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here