Minneapolis, MN Posted: 7/25/2019
North Metro | $80,000-$90,000 | Direct
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a well-established, family-owned manufacturing client in the north metro that is seeking to add to their established design team. As a part of the design team you will interact directly with engineers at client companies to understand their need and to support them in producing a solution that meets their requirements. You will participate in the design, prototyping, and initial production runs for thermal solutions products. Our client offers a competitive compensation package in addition to a fun, collaborative, and friendly work environment. With company celebrations throughout the year, a culture of giving back to the community, and perks like casual Fridays, this is a great, long-term opportunity at a place that you can enjoy your work!
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Utilize design engineering and manufacturing principles for developing products to be used in defense and aerospace applications
- Work with internal and external customers, engineers, and technicians to delineate specific requirements, objectives, timelines, and tasks
- Prepare presentations, proposals, sketches, and rough concepts for external customers to convey design ideas and modifications
- Foster strong relationships with customers and support sales and marketing efforts
- Contribute to design, process, and continuous improvement projects
- Be a part of and provide oversight to teams regarding documentation, quotes, first manufacturing runs, inspection, and related activities
- Work with technicians, customers, and suppliers to resolve concerns regarding design, quality, pricing, and similar
- Develop displays, articles, and product concepts for trade shows and industry presentations
Design Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in design and working with external customers
- Willing and able to travel 10-20% (primarily domestic, but occasionally overseas)
- Experience working in a regulated environment, preferably in defense and aerospace, with a corresponding understanding of regulatory requirements
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks (Advanced Part Modeling, Assemblies, Drawings, etc.)
- Understanding of design for manufacturability, DOE and capability studies, Minitab, metal fabrication, FMEA, and lean principles preferred
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here