Technical Customer Service Representative
Maple Grove, MN Posted: 5/8/2019
Technical Customer Service Represenative
Maple Grove, MN | $70,000 - $80,000 | Direct Hire
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a design and manufacturing firm in the NW metro that is seeking to add a technically oriented customer service and technical support professional to their team. In this role you will serve as a primary customer interface on a daily basis, discussing needs with clients and assisting them with product recommendations, pricing, and configurations that match up with their applications. As a firm that produces equipment for manufacturing processes, the work is technical in nature and requires strong communication ability and mechanical knowledge. Our client is a leader in their industry with a focus on producing the highest quality products that are used in manufacturing processes around the world. If you are looking for an opportunity to leverage a technical background in a people-facing role at a small, tightly knit company, you are encouraged to apply.
Technical Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Take customer calls and assist in identifying the proper products to meet their needs
- Utilize SolidWorks to develop tool pack designs to meet customer requirements
- Develop quotes based on product price lists
- Create or modify manufacturing routings
- Consistently seek ways to improve processes related to the tool pack design process
- Travel occasionally to customer locations to better understand their requirements and company products (20% or less, primarily isolated to the first year of employment)
Technical Customer Service Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associates Degree with applicable experience acceptable
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Prior technical customer service and/or technical sales experience
- Must have strong familiarity and experience with SolidWorks to be able to make alterations to established designs per customer requirements
- Excellent communication ability; strong customer service orientation
- Ability to travel up to 20% for first year of employment; travel decreases after that
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here