VICE PRESIDENT OF ARCHITECTURE
Konik PrimeStaff has partnered with a successful twin cities company that develops, owns, and manages a wide range of properties including hotels, commercial real estate, and apartment communities.
The organization has received dozens of industry awards for unique approaches to design and development, as well as quality of work and customer satisfaction.
The company offers:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package
- A strong commitment to the wellness of associates and their families
- A “family feel” with leadership who support professional and personal achievement
- A respectful work environment where you can showcase your talents
- A company-wide emphasis on quality, continuous improvement and internal promotion
- Corporate-sponsored, associate-driven charitable programs and community involvement
The VP of Architecture will lead the Architecture Department in providing in-house architectural services in connection with the renovation and new construction of commercial projects. This role will be a key contributor to real estate development projects by applying expertise to determine the zoning, permitting and other requirements. Additionally, the VP will work with and through city council and other governing bodies to obtain approvals.
1. Architectural Services:
- Providing leadership and hands-on functions for all phases of architectural design, including pre-design, schematic design, design development, construction drawings and construction oversight/contract administration.
- Developing site plans, renderings and building elevations in connection with the new development of commercial projects.
- Meeting and working with commercial tenants in connection with tenant improvement projects and renovations.
2. Department Management:
- Managing the architectural staff members to include handling selection, retention, training and performance reviews.
- Determining motivational factors and identifying development needs while striving to empower staff to improve their problem-solving techniques to promote creative thinking.
- Evaluating each individual’s ability to make use of available tools and resources.
2. Building and Zoning Code:
- Demonstrating a strong working knowledge of building codes, zoning codes and other statutory requirements.
- Determining cost effective solutions for building and zoning related issues.
3. Construction Documents:
- Coordinating and leading the efforts of internal staff in the production of construction documents.
- Providing certification of construction documents prepared by staff.
- Producing and assembling plans and information necessary for general contractors to bid on projects.
4. City Approvals:
- Working with city staff and city council members to obtain project approvals, zoning changes and building permits.
- Taking the lead in presenting projects to the city council and other governing bodies during public meetings.
- Responding to questions, concerns and opposition from city council members, city staff and members of the public.
5. Construction Oversight:
- Working with the Construction Department to oversee the renovation and construction of projects.
- Making periodic site visits to assess the construction process, materials and compliance with final construction plans.
- Assisting the Construction Department in producing revisions and clarifications to construction documents.
- Approving pay applications.
6. Interior Design:
- Overseeing interior design services or hiring a third party interior designer as needed for projects.
7. Outside Consultants:
- Retaining and managing outside architects, engineers, interior designers and other consultants.
- Evaluating new and current consultants on an ongoing basis to ensure best pricing, terms, quality and service.