Executive( SVP, VP, Dept Head)
Vice President of Operations
Eden Prairie, MN Posted: 5/3/2019
Executive( SVP, VP, Dept Head)
$ 180000.00 - $ 200000.00
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
The Vice President of Operations will develop and implement strategy to lead the company’s operations with responsibility for safety, quality assurance, manufacturing, supply chain, continuous improvement, engineering, and production. This person will provide overall leadership in ensuring on-time customer deliveries of innovative product, streamlining policies and processes, increasing efficiencies to accomplish our goal of “war on waste” and building a high performing workforce – all while leading with a hands-on approach focused on quality.
- Develop and deploy strategy to support the company vision for developing and manufacturing products that measurably improve fluid handling and support the company’s multi-year growth plans.
- Responsible for the overall safety and health of all company employees through an active safety management program.
- Oversee and direct the company’s quality assurance initiatives beginning with product ideation through customer fulfillment, prioritizing team adherence to quality certification efforts.
- Manage operations and employees for the company’s manufacturing, engineering, production and quality assurance function.
- Define and recommend objectives in each area of responsibility. Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Review performance of operations areas against plans and standards. Develop and monitor key operational metrics in alignment with company objectives. Interpret and communicate results and approve/recommend changes in direction of plans.
- Ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the company in establishing and carrying out goals and responsibilities.
- Oversee all supply chain activities, including playing an active role in critical supplier partnerships.
- Manage all continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
- Direct all production control and production process development.
- Oversee goal-setting, perform reviews, and provide coaching and career development activities for all direct reports, with an objective of building a high performing team.
- Act as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, balancing strategy and tactical activity as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Advanced degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- 5+ years in a VP of Operations role at a manufacturing company with a strong track record of expanding responsibilities and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and coaching experience with established proficiency in developing and inspiring high performing teams in cross-functional organizations.
- Knowledge of complex manufacturing, including CNC machining and product assembly.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop engineering, operations and quality plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing.
- Experience in developing supply chain strategy and meeting performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to minimize company risks and maintain conformity for a safe and healthy work environment.
- Highly organized, able to multitask and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 10%.)
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here