St. Paul, MN Posted: 4/1/2019
This mechanical engineer provides mechanical and structural design and analysis services for large industrial equipment.
- This Mechanical Engineer works as a member of a multi-discipline team in the design, and analysis of mechanical subsystems utilized in the large industrial equipment.
- The mechanical subsystems include welded steel structures, pressure vessels, piping systems, simple and complex mechanisms, rotating equipment, and process equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel, and cooling water.)
- Prepare design criteria, calculation packages, specifications, cost estimates, schedules and reports.
- Work with mechanical designers to prepare technical drawings and parts lists. Check drawings.
- The mechanical engineer supports fabrication and procurement by assisting with subcontractor selection, visiting subcontractors to inspect work in progress, and support FAT.
- Travel to customer sites to participate in site surveys, design reviews, and to support equipment installation and commissioning. Travel is typically less than 15%.
- Work cross functionally with other internal departments and customers.
- Keep to budget and schedule requirements of assigned projects.
- Help develop quotes for future work by developing concepts, cost estimates, and proposal write-ups with marketing.
- BS or MS in mechanical, aerospace or structural engineering.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience and demonstrated previous experience.
- Experience in:
- Analysis & design of welded steel structures
- Analysis & design of pressure vessels and piping in accordance with ASME codes o Design and specification of rotating equipment (driveshaft’s, bearings, dynamometers, couplings, torque meters, etc.)
- Design for fabrication methods including forming, welding, machining, and additive manufacturing o Analysis & specification of fluid packages or process equipment (valves, instruments, filters etc. for pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel and/or cooling water systems)
- Familiarity with finite element analysis is required, experience with ANSYS desirable.
- Most of the FEA work is static structural analyses but there are times when dynamic, harmonic, modal, and heat transfer analyses are needed.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Travel typically is less than 15%.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- US Citizenship or permanent resident status required
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service. #ZR
Already have an account? Log in here