Civil Drafting Technician
Saint Paul, MN Posted: 3/19/2019
Civil Drafting Technician | St. Paul, MN | $24 – 30/HR | Direct Hire
Currently have a client who is seeking an experienced CAD operator that will play a key role in our North American operations.
The company is a technology leader in small, municipal wastewater solutions with a secondary focus in select industrial applications. With a strong sales history, hundreds of installations across North America and innovative technologies that meets and exceeds customer requirements, the company is uniquely positioned for growth and broadening of our core product offering. This role is critical to obtaining and retaining sales growth.
This position is responsible for completing project specific layout and equipment drawings and specifications for various waste water treatment technologies and processes. The team member will work closely with process engineering, operations and sales to define project needs and develop timely, accurate technical information what will be used to communicate our design and scope to our clients.
Drawings and specifications that are created are used for developing clients plans and specifications and submittals once a contract is received. Other key areas of responsibility will be developing Operations and Maintenance Manuals, Equipment Installation Guides and other forms of technical communication required to support the clients needs.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Targeted range commensurate with experience
- Accrued vacation, up to 17 days the first year and 9 paid holidays
- 401K plan with matching
- Profit Sharing
- Strong Health Benefits program including Dental
- Flexible work hours
- 3-5 years minimum experience developing AutoCad 2-D drawings.
- Ability to read and understand Civil and Mechanical drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to analyze and recommend mechanical design and fabrication options for a variety of engineering disciplines. Examples include: mechanical systems, pumps, blowers, controls. Experience with geomembranes and/or geotextiles a plus. Ability to read and understand both mechanical and civil disciplines/
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (core competency in Excel, Word and Project Management tools)
- Associates Degree preferred
- Wastewater or Water Treatment experience a plus
- Understanding of the Bid/Spec process.
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent prior work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD software
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here