Field Service / Machine Builder
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 3/19/2019
GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR MACHINE BUILDERS / FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS!!!
The Machine Builder / Field Service Specialist role will include:
Mechanical and electrical build of automated equipment, installation, customer training, technical phone support and field service.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly
- Equipment set-up and operations
- Conduct field service and installation work
- Provide training to direct customers and distributors
- Provide technical phone support to customers including possible extended hours of support
- Establish and maintain a good business relationship with present and potential customers
- Represent the department and the company in a professional, businesslike manner
- Perform in-house repairs along with associated transactions and documentation
- Monitor and report field issues. Develop and communicate recommendations for changes in products, procedures and policies to reduce field issues, control costs and improve customer satisfaction. Coordinate and communicate with Engineering, Assembly, Accounting, Customer Service, Sales and other departments as needed.
- Assist in developing service-related training materials for distributor and customer sales staff and service personnel. Assist with and conduct training.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of installation and repair expenses. Coordinate with Sales and Accounting departments to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Assist engineering with R&D projects
- Associates degree in a technical specialty or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in servicing electro-mechanical equipment or equivalent
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of electrical schematics and PLC’s
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude and related troubleshooting skills
- Able to interpret and evaluate information and create analytical approaches to achieve results
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity; ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to travel 30% - 50% of the time, both internationally and within the US. (International customers provide transportation from the airport to hotel, to and from plant and return to airport)
- Associates degree in technical specialty
- Previous experience building / servicing automation machinery
- Machining ability
- Previous training experience
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here