Senior Product Engineer
St. Paul, MN Posted: 2/13/2019
Konik PrimeStaff has partnered with a very successful OEM partner that specializes in the design, development and manufacture of interventional and vascular access products. This organization is currently hiring for a Senior Product Engineer to join their successful team.
We are looking for people who show initiative, are entrepreneurial in their thinking and have the courage to assume responsibility. People who develop ideas and commit passionately to their implementation, and who also enjoy teamwork.
You will be a part of exciting projects and will drive forward the development of innovative products and solutions. In addition to an attractive compensation and benefits package, you will also be offered a number of exciting development pathways for your future professional career with the company.
The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for managing product development projects from initial concept to production. This role will work closely with customers to understand their unique product needs and assist in developing creative technical solutions.
- Manage multiple parallel projects with varying scopes, deliverables and deadlines from concept to production release using established processes
- Develop processes, fixtures, and equipment for customer specified products.
- Perform and document, in conjunction with the support of quality department, installation, operation and process qualification plans and reports.
- Design fixtures and equipment for new processes.
- Ensure that proper engineering processes are developed, implemented, maintained and documented to successfully introduce new products that meet the technical needs of customers
- Assist customers to understand design criteria and resolve ambiguities.
- Effectively communicate and document customer needs and associated actions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare accurate project plans in appropriate detail and assure milestones are achieved.
- Support sales and customers to accurately communicate and represent company capabilities
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned projects including tasks to be completed by other functional areas
- Provide direction to technical resources and assist with training of operators and technicians on new and revised processes.
- Coordinate new equipment identification, procurement, and set-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry preferred
- 2-7 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering/Product Development
- 1+ year of experience in project management (informal is ok)
- Experience working closely with customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here