Hopkins, MN Posted: 2/12/2019
Award-winning Architectural Group with a design/build approach is seeking a Architectural Designer to develop design concepts in collaboration with design team members for projects of varying size and complexity with a focus on multi-unit construction (multifamily, senior housing, student housing).
What you will do:
- Analyze site for physical constraints and suitability
- Engage in pursuit work in the form of feasibility studies, including leadership in site analysis, code and zoning review, and density calculations- proof of concept, schematic level design, and collaborative problem solving
- Work with client and project manager on developing a design program and gaining appropriate approvals
- Complete conceptual design and design development documents
- Generate CAD and colored presentation graphics for design proposals
- Review plans, specifications and drawings of all disciplines so that design intent is kept
- Participate as part of project team member in the development of design alternatives and documentation
- Review designs with the project leader for code compliance
- Coordinate with other disciplines and consultants to integrate all buildings systems
- 7+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture; Master’s Degree and Architectural Registration preferred
- Sketch-up, Photoshop, Revit, AutoCAD proficiency
- Able to design projects of relative complexity from start to finish with a focus multi-unit construction (multifamily, senior housing, student housing)
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus
- A thorough knowledge of architectural practice and construction
- Strong client relations, superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here