Eden Prairie, MN Posted: 3/13/2019
$55-65k + Bonus | SW Metro| Direct Hire
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a material handling solution provider that is revolutionizing their industry by offering a unique portfolio of products. With increased demand for their product, they are looking for a technically strong Sales Engineer to join their team. In this role you will have the opportunity to use your technical expertise to understand and evaluate client needs in a customer facing role. With a healthy pipeline of leads incoming, you will spend most of your time having conversations with prospective clients to identify appropriate solutions for them. With a strong bonus package achieved as a result of company sales performance and with a benefit package that includes health, dental, 401k with a match, as well as PTO this is a great opportunity for a technically minded individual that is looking to transition into a people-oriented role at a casual, innovative company.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participate in intensive initial and ongoing training to develop industry expertise
- Develop understanding of material handling equipment and logistics involving forklifts, hand carts, and other loading scenarios
- Understand how to apply product solutions to customer loading applications
- Answer incoming inquiries to educate customers, develop rapport, and convert into sales
- Walk customer through product offerings and direct them towards ideal solutions utilizing company resources and support materials; demonstrate product differentiation and compare against alternative options
- Provide product quotes for customers and external sales network
- Provide application drawings as needed
- Occasionally visit facilities or job sites to oversee product installation (approximately once or twice a quarter)
- Collaborate with engineering on producing product drawings and solutions
- Utilize CRM software to document and track sales as well as to track and manage sales opportunities and follow up
- Work with production and manufacturing to track projects
Sales Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, architectural, structural, manufacturing or related engineering field preferred; Associates Degree in similar field acceptable
- 2+ years of technical field experience
- Experience with MS Office products such as Excel, Word, Power Point; exposure to CAD or SolidWorks a major plus
- Ability to travel to job sites on occasion, about 10-15%
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here