Senior Project Engineer
Bloomington, MN Posted: 3/8/2019
Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the technical development of new products and processes to support the Company’s new product development plans. This position will conceptualize and create innovative technical solutions for new products and processes meeting time, cost and quality target. The Senior Project Engineer will work closely with Product Management, Tooling, Manufacturing and Test/Quality Assurance personnel for successful integration of the product.
This position is also responsible to assist in the technical support of the Company’s existing product lines. This will involve the periodic customization of product to customer specifications, product improvements, cost reductions, and technical support to manufacturing. This position will also provide technical support to customers as required.
- Analyzes customer feedback, marketing plans, and related technical data pertaining to product design/function and develops new product concepts based on sound engineering principles.
- Uses available design tools and resources to ensure timely completion of design steps.
- Communicates technical results through drawings, specifications, and reports as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of test plans/methods to ensure product reliability and performance targets are met.
- Introduces new techniques, procedures and capabilities when applicable.
- Works with sales, marketing, tooling, manufacturing, purchasing and vendors to develop new product designs and processes.
- Follows through to assure timely solution of problems during design and qualification of products.
- Manage multiple assigned projects to achieve timely release of new products.
- Formally reports on a regular basis project status, costs, timelines, milestones, problems/issues as pertinent.
- Promptly brings to attention any significant deviations to plan and recommends corrective action.
- Supports operations and quality personnel with technical issues related to new and existing products.
- Provides technical product application support to new and existing customers.
- Provides special product designs to satisfy customer requirements.
- Assists in the creation of product specifications for new products.
- Assists in the development of technical literature to support sales and marketing activities.
- Adheres to all safety regulations.
- Communicates all product and process improvement ideas to manager.
- Supports the Company’s quality initiatives.
- Ensures that all documentation is recorded and archived per Company procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Minimum 10 years experience in product design engineering environment
Minimum 3 years experience in plastic molding operations
Proficient in CADD – Solidworks
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service
Already have an account? Log in here