Senior Structural Engineer - Industrial
St. Paul, MN Posted: 3/7/2019
***Immediate Direct Hire opening for a Senior Structural Engineer in the Industrial area.
Fast growing company with interesting projects. ***
- Due to the nature of our work US citizenship or permanent residency is required
The Structural engineer will perform conceptual design of structural elements for domestic and international projects and have involvement in several phases of the projects including but not limited to proposal preparation, bid, development and design, construction assistance and equipment facilities installation.
You'll be empowered to:
- Conceptual design and detailed layouts of industrial facilities.
- In conjunction with structural designers will develop specification and design drawings. Will also be responsible for oversight of shop design drawings.
- Will provide on-site engineering support comprising reviews for specification compliance during building construction.
- Design and develop structural elements and component selection for facilities installation.
- Create detailed calculations for all equipment and component designs.
- Support the construction, fabrication, installation, and commissioning of facilities.
- Provide proposal assistance including specifications reviews, facilities design, and project schedule and budget development.
- Make technical presentations to clients.
- Complete projects on time and on budget.
- BS or MS in Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 7+ years of relevant design experience
- Previous experience leading large projects and delegating to engineering staff
- Strong background in Structural engineering with a solid understanding of Architectural details.
- Working knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
- Experience with FEM modeling using RISA, ANSYS, or similar structural analysis and design program.
- Familiarity with national building codes and design codes including IBC, BOCA, AISC, and ACI.
- Technical specification writing skills.
- Production proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Experience managing budgets and schedules.
- Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Experience with Revit, Inventor, or SolidWorks is helpful.
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here