Regional Sales Manager
Minneapolis, MN Posted: 2/14/2019
Konik PrimeStaff is working with a Minneapolis based company that provides cutting edge motion control solutions for a wide range of clients across the world. The company is currently hiring for a Regional Sales Manager to join their successful team.
The success of the organization is largely because of its employees. The company values performance and pays competitive wages along with a very generous 401K match, profit sharing and annual bonus program. Additionally, you will have excellent opportunities for career advancement!
Implement the company's marketing plan to achieve sales and profit goals by directing the sales/marketing efforts through representatives and distributors across the U.S.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the maintenance and growth of business in an assigned geographic region within the US and Canada.
- Assists Representatives in explaining the technical functions and uses of company products to prospective customers and distributors.
- Recommends a course of action to the Representatives to identify target accounts and follow-up on those recommendations.
- Makes sales calls to management representatives such as engineers, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments and attempts to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products or services offered.
- Takes on the leadership role in negotiations with OEM customers.
- Assists the VP of Sales & Marketing in developing marketing/sales plans and goals for their territories.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Evaluates the performance of Independent Representatives in their assigned territories.
- Aids customers and customer service with technical support, and assists the customer service department with phone/email overload.
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements and analysis of market research
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical product sales.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing Technical Sales Representatives
- Ability to travel 30% both domestically and internationally
- Experience creating budgets, forecasts and quotes.
- Ability to manage employees including providing work direction, performance reviews, disciplinary action, coaching and mentoring.
- Understanding of technical products used in a wide variety of industrial environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to connect well with Engineers, Sales & Marketing Reps, customers etc.
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service. #ZR
Already have an account? Log in here