R&D Test Technician
Saint Paul, MN Posted: 2/12/2019
Our client is looking for someone to take their R&D product validation to the next level.
- Do you enjoy working hands on to assure each new product is the best it can be?
- Taking responsibility and being empowered to get the job done?
- Finding creative solutions to achieve results?
If so, we want to talk to you about joining a dynamic and successful engineering team. Come impress us with your mechanical knowledge and show off your technical skills. Share your ideas for a vision of excellence in product validation – we promise to listen carefully.
The R&D Test Technician will test and qualify new products and support existing products to high standards.
- Organize and maintain a clean, high-caliber and safe lab environment.
- Set up test equipment to achieve validation goals.
- Perform tests deemed valuable to ensure customer requirements and quality products are developed.
- Document test results in a clear and concise manner with detailed communication of technical observations.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including activity, follow-up and adherence to goals.
- Perform other various testing as needed for the quality or sales departments to prove out solutions to customer issues.
- Prepare sales samples for field trials.
- Assist in providing technical support to customers.
- Associates degree in engineering, electro-mechanical, fluids, or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and fluid handling equipment
- 1- 5 years’ experience in a technical product development role.
- Experience with new product introduction.
- Understanding of and experience working with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of test and measurement equipment (i.e. pressure transducers, analysis software, flow meters, pumps, Venturi). This also includes basic wiring practices, tubing and fitting connections, and fabrication in support of test set-ups.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, follow test protocols, and work instructions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly organized; able to multitask, meet deadlines, demonstrate attention to detail (including reliable data collection and documentation), and plan and manage projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in technical writing and verbal presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Ability to positively represent the company when interfacing with suppliers and customers.
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here