Marketing Product Manager
We are partnered with one of the premier manufacturing companies in Minneapolis that has a unique opportunity available for a Marketing Product Manager. The goals of the role are to create a roadmap for the assigned product line, establish a 5 year growth plan, increase profit margins while reducing engineering costs, and streamline proposal process.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In a very market-facing role, works closely with the commercial team and business development leader to identify and understand target markets, listen carefully to the voice of the customer, benchmark competitors, clearly assess market trends and opportunities, and to create focused product roadmaps which drive the development of profitable, repeatable, best-in-class products.
- Translates those market requirements into well-defined technical and commercial requirements for our engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Ensures their product roadmap is aligned with the goal of standard, configurable product lines where 60% of a machine BOM can be released as entirely standard with zero engineering content, 30% to be configured from existing designs with very little engineering effort, and 10% or less of the machine to be engineered specifically to a customer order.
- Guides SME’s and/or Applications Engineers in the establishment and maintenance of proposal CRM configuration tools that allow for the creation of accurate and detailed cost estimates during the proposal process.
- Ensures that the CRM configurator accurately reflects standard, configurable designs for their products and is in alignment with engineering configurators.
- Works closely with commercial leaders to ensure that we are quoting and selling configurable machines into repeatable applications.
- Directly leads Applications Engineers in the efficient creation of detailed proposals.
- Participates in the review of open opportunities and makes go/no-go decisions on whether we quote something that is outside of the current standard range of their product lines.
- Uses the CRM and analytics tools to ensure we’re seeing a large part of their respective markets.
- In cooperation with commercial leaders, ensures that pricing strategies are consistent with divisional objectives and competitive realities.
- Responsible for the achievement of product line revenue and gross margin goals.
- Develop and deliver product and sales related training to all business units as appropriate.
- Works closely with divisional and platform marketing team to develop and maintain product line selling tools: i.e. brochures, technical bulletins/spec sheets, PowerPoint presentations, social media campaigns, etc.
- Supports selling activities as required.
- Maintain competitive information files in the CRM.
- All other duties as assigned